Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Manager, Primary Care & Mental Health and Substance Use to join the dynamic team at Raven Song Primary Care. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Primary Care & Mental Health and Substance Use Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an experienced Manager with a solid operational background and expertise in Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) and Primary Care (PC) service delivery. You will lead two large teams of incredible professionals managing complex work. In addition to day-to-day operational oversight of these two teams, the Manager will lead initiatives that result in standardized practice within our community MHSU and PC teams, and better care coordination across teams to enable a seamless care delivery experience for our clients.The Manager will also focus on recruitment, while also ensuring that we retain the excellent staff that exist on both teams.If you like challenges, excitement and love to build and maintain positive work environments for teams, while having the opportunity to streamline service delivery for shared clients, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Manager, Primary Care & Mental Health and Substance Use with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Communicate program/unit strategic direction incorporating VCH vision, values and strategic direction and ensures integration into practice by interdisciplinary team members.
- Define an effective workforce plan for program/unit in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensures the availability of adequate staff within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints.
- Develop effective and efficient practices and processes to measure use of resources and the quality of care rendered within allocated budget.
- Collaborate in the development of the program/unit budget to complement strategic directions within existing fiscal constraints and uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budget.
- Implement effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ensure clarification of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards, and safe delivery of care.
- Foster partnerships and establish systems that ensure effective discharge planning and seamless client flow throughout the continuum of care.
- Create an environment of evidence-based practice that encourages participation in research, fosters personal growth and supports opportunities for teaching and education of students and staff.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.