Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) to join the Regional Palliative/End of Life Care Program at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide leadership and direction in the delivery of nursing care and the formulation of organizational policies relevant to such care.
- Work within the organization’s leadership framework to foster, facilitate and achieve the highest standards of service delivery and leads in the planning, development and implementation of clinical policies and programs designed for improving patient/client care.
- Provide expert advice and consultation in the areas of nursing, resource planning, program and health system improvement, research and professional development to support quality and utilization initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate nursing practice and contribute to the ongoing organizational development of practice knowledge by evaluating research and developing frameworks and strategies to facilitate the implementation of best practices.
- Function as clinical leader in a particular area of specialty and advances nursing practice in the area of specialty through the use of advanced practice and evidence based research.
- Work closely with Professional Practice leaders and act as a liaison between various hospitals and/or community programs to facilitate integration of care across the continuum and reports on professional nursing practice matters.
- Provide leadership and expert consultation to team members and other health care staff, patients/clients and families/significant others.
- Work collaboratively with Program Managers, Medical Directors, Clinical Educators, Nurse Clinicians, staff nurses, and others members of the interdisciplinary team to pro-actively move nursing practice forward at the regional, provincial and national levels.
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Nursing plus current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- A minimum of five (5) year’s recent related experience working in a health care setting with a focus in Palliative/End of Life Care and in a progressive leadership role.
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in Palliative /End-Of-Life Care preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Professionally consults to enable the successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others, other members of the public, and colleagues.
- Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices and abilities to ensure skills levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
- Utilizes expert acute clinical evaluation skills to assess needs of the patient/client and their families/significant others.
- Skillfully, and in consultation with academic institutions and professional bodies, identifies/develops discipline specific standards for teaching and education.
- Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
- Effectively leads and directs staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships, and enables decision-making.
- Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
- Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order) as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.