Come work as an Director, Professional Practice, Nursing with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Director to join the Nursing Professional Practice team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Director, Professional Practice, Nursing with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Executive Director, Professional Practice & Education, Nursing.
- Be a member of the PP Leadership Team responsible and be accountable for the strategies and leadership of PP for Nursing within Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Be working in close collaboration with key stakeholders across VCH, and the PP team, guide the development of professional standards and practice, scope and regulations, supports research activities, and fosters collaboration and problem solving between program and professional staff.
- Provide leadership and expert advice on nursing issues, including resource planning and research, and links with the Clinical Education department and unit/program educators to provide a Professional Practice lens to identify and address learning gaps.
- Play an integral part in defining the quality of care processes and creating quality practice environments and liaise, influence, and consult with various stakeholders to promote and advance professional practice, and to enhance the profile of VCH Nursing within the context of supporting the goals and objectives of VCH and its CoC’s.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a health sciences discipline, preferably in nursing.
- Eight (8) years’ recent, related clinical and operational management experience in a complex health care environment including progressive clinical practice, education, research, project management and leadership experiences.
- Current practicing registration with an applicable regulatory body such as the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a Registered Nurse or College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Keeps informed about evolving trends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses and Allied Health staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Creates and promotes development of research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of professional practice issues.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.