Come work as a Registered Nurse in Interventional Radiology at Vancouver General Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Interventional Radiology team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Interventional Radiology you will:
- Perform nursing functions associated with interventional radiology, computed tomography and other medical imaging procedures to patients of all ages who may be critically ill and/or attached to life-support equipment, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Assist physicians during procedures and perform direct nursing care as appropriate to ensure the comfort and safety of patients undergoing procedures.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Prepare for and respond to fluctuating workloads, unexpected critical situations and the requirement to be on-call as required.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers as well as with other members of the Medical Imaging team.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approaches in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years recent, related experience in an interventional radiology or critical care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmacology and patient physiological reactions related to anesthesia and/or procedural sedation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the initiation and management of IV therapy and administration of IV medications.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice within interventional imaging setting.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses during medical imaging and interventional procedures, to assess response is appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with patients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach patients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies appropriate to an angiographic and/or interventional diagnostic imaging setting.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in use of cardiac monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.