Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join the Chronic-Complex Care Unit at Powell River General Hospital, Powell River, BC. Are you a dedicated healthcare worker and enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team? Do you thrive in both independent and collaborative environments? Apply today to join our team!
As an LPN at Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Works independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team, performs full scope of practical nursing functions for clients with predictable outcomes within a designated area of specialty.
- Activities includes:
- assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care,
- providing support to clients and their families.
- Works collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team and under general supervision, supports the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes or where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Maintains and advances clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of BCCNM for Licenced Practical Nurses.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.