Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse, works as a Clinical Educator, Nursing to join the Ophthalmology team in Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provides clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments and opportunities.
- Develops, implements and evaluates clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of generalized and specialized clinical practice as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consults, confers and collaborates with educators and clinical program and team members in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs.
- Takes corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related nursing experience in the designated clinical area(s), including one year's related teaching experience and/or group facilitation.
- Completion of post graduate Operating Room Nursing Specialty Nursing Program.
- Completion of ‘Educator Pathway Program’ is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related nursing OR nursing experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of clinical practice related to treatment and care of the designated patient/resident population.
- Knowledge of organization’s policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/resident care.
- Knowledge of research methodology and processes.
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency in the designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and lead.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and patients/residents and their families, either one-on-one and/or in-groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in techniques appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and efficiently in emergency situations and guide others in order to deliver quality patient/resident care.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system and other relevant electronic applications such as email, word processing and presentation software
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.