Are you a dedicated healthcare worker and enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team? Do you thrive in both independent and collaborative environments? Apply to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health today!
As an LPN at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform the full scope of practical nursing functions for clients with predictable outcomes including activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team and under general supervision, and support the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of BCCNM for clients within an Assisted Living/Adult Day Program environment.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a LPN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year recent related clinical experience working as a LPN with geriatric clients in an assisted living and/or adult day program, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Current CPR certificate and First Aid.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and experience of motivational interviewing and/or brief action planning.
- Knowledge and experience of in the provision of wound care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond to the client flow and health delivery system.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNM for LPNs.
- Ability to maintain and establish rapport with clients.
- Demonstrated ability in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage/solve conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.