Find a Job - Vancouver Coastal Health Careers - Nursing Support Services Coordinator (RN) in Pemberton, British Columbia | Careers at Pemberton, CG Comm-Pemberton Health Unit Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Nursing Support Services Coordinator (RN) Job Description Job Title: Nursing Support Services Coordinator (RN) Work Site: Special Needs Program, Vancouver & Sea to Sky Mental Health Status: Regular Part Time (0.6 FTE) Start Date:
As soon as possible Salary:
$42.25 - $51.78 per hour Hours:
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays Reference#:
Come work as a Nursing Support Services Coordinator (NSSC) with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Support Services Coordinator to join the Special Needs Program on the Sea to Sky Commuity Health team. This role requires travel within the Sea to Sky corridor (Squamish, Whistler, & Pemberton BC) with some travel to Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Support Services Coordinator with VCH you will:
- Provide direct and consultative services for clients from birth to age 19 who have special health care needs.
- Provide assessment, determination of care needs, teaching/training, delegation, monitoring and evaluating non-nurse caregivers who deliver delegated nursing care tasks.
- Assess children, who require direct nursing care in the community, establish a plan of care and coordinate service provision, support the family and agency nurses.
- Refer to and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members funded by Ministries of Health, Provincial Health Service Authority, Education and Children and Family Development, and other health care professionals/providers/community agencies to achieve excellence in health services and safe, efficient, effective care.
- Evaluate and advocate for changes to service provision.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years recent related nursing experience that includes working with children (0 to 19 years) who have a variety of chronic health conditions including pediatric palliative care.
- Experience in wound care, gastrostomy and nasogastric tube management, catheterization, diabetes management and seizure management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
- BCCDC Immunization Certification.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and practice of community health nursing theory within a primary health care and population health approach.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for nursing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based nursing practice related to early childhood, including normal growth and development, family theory and multicultural health practices.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel clients and their families.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Broad knowledge of community development, health promotion principles and practices and the determinants of health.
- Demonstrated training, facilitation, clinical support and consultative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally sensitive nursing services to diverse and populations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients, families, members of the Team, staff and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently and make sound nursing practice decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate health education resources.
- Demonstrated ability to critically read and utilize current health research in evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to identify community resources appropriate to client/family/community needs.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system and Windows applications.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Options Apply Now Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started. Application FAQs