Are you the next Regional Manager, Clinical Education for Professional Practice Vancouver Community, at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health has an exciting opportunity as the Regional Manager, Clinical Education on the Professional Practice team in Vancouver Community, in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will report to the Director, Professional Practice, Vancouver Community, and in alignment with the department’s vision and philosophy of Leading Learning and Partnering for Potential, develop an organizational Clinical Education Strategy that promotes and facilitates ongoing development/growth needs of educational leaders and clinical staff.
Your day to day responsibilities in this position will involve:
- working with a designated client service/program delivery area
- providing leadership and consultation to senior managers and staff regarding clinical education strategies, and initiatives
- developing innovative educational programming to support organizational initiatives
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, an Allied Health profession, or Education.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), or with an Allied Health profession, plus seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex health environment, including progressive clinical education, and education program planning and delivery experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid in accordance with excluded contract agreement.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support enhanced educational practices.
- Uses superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
- Applies superior written communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative high quality, interactive learning materials.
- Advanced computer literacy including the flexibility to work with various work related software programs including Microsoft Office (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc), Outlook, Internet, etc. Familiarity and comfort using social media for educational purposes.
- Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of learning and development initiatives.