Enthusiastic nurse officer eager to continuously expand knowledge and increase my competence using evidence-based practice by integrating research knowledge and clinical skills in nursing practice to promote quality care and patient safety at all levels of care. Motivated to become a nurse with a commitment to providing quality care in the community thus enhancing not only quality of life but also quality of healthcare provided.
Nursing Officer Intern
Oct 2019 - Oct 2020
Ministry Of Health, Kenya
- Coordinated patient care services and managed clinical cost control.
- Maximized staff and patient protections by enforcing optimal disease prevention protocols.
- Discussed patient care and treatment with care team members to optimize intervention plans and care delivery.
- Designed and implemented standards of care for nursing and patient care.
- Developed and implemented new nursing protocols to improve patient outcomes while minimizing medical errors.
- Changed out and monitored bandages, catheters and IVs.
- Maintained comfort and safety of each patient through careful monitoring and knowledge application.
- Monitored medications, noted side effects and reported issues to senior staff.
- Worked alongside experienced nursing professionals to learn new procedures.
- Delivered medications via oral, IV and intramuscular injections, monitoring responses to address new concerns.
- Met with patient to make introductions, inquire about needs and offer assistance.
- Observed patient care outcomes to facilitate ongoing quality care.
- Reviewed care plans and assessed alignment with long-term and short-term care goals.
- Monitored each patient to meet appropriate care and document status changes.
- Transported patients between unit rooms and scanning locations for diverse procedures.
- Collaborated with nurse preceptors and other medical staff to achieve quality patient outcome goals.
- Communicated with patients and family members and provided updated information.
- Delivered exceptional care to patients by helping with mobility and daily living requirements.
- Provided patient care for assigned caseload of patients.
- Built rapport with patients and members of patients' support systems.
- Cared for each patient according to care plan and physicians' instructions.
- Administered close patient care, including checking vital signs and checking telemetry.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Public Health
Sep 2014 - Jul 2019